International Review of Literary Studies (IRLS) is an International peer-review journal of literary studies that publishes original research articles, review papers, book reviews, and cutting-edge research informed by Literary and Cultural Theory. Acceptable themes include, but are not limited to, the following:
IRLS aims to publish state of the art scholarship and the latest developments informed by Literary Theory and its sub-topics mostly covering Formalism, New Criticism, Semiotics, Structuralism, Marxism, Post-structuralism, Psychoanalysis, Gender studies, New Historicism, Ecocriticism, Animal Studies, Reception Theory, Comparative Literature, Narrative Theory, Drama Theory, Poetry Theory, and Biography and Autobiography.
Manuscripts are accepted on a continuous basis and there is no specific deadline for submission. Authors can submit their work at any time. Manuscripts should be prepared according to journal guidelines and completed by all means because incomplete submissions will be rejected with any further process.
- Unpublished original work
- Should be between 4500 to 7000 words; divided into a title page; an abstract of about 200 words; keywords 4 to 6; introduction; discussion; conclusion and bibliography in MLA (APA also acceptable) style. The bibliography must include the latest references.
- Articles must be submitted in MS Word format, typed in Times New Roman with 12 font size and 1.5 line spacing.
- Plagiarism is an unethical act and the Journal will not entertain authors or publications culpable of this practice. Therefore, authors should guarantee that the articles submitted do not contain plagiarised content and are original. Should plagiarism be identified at any stage, the paper will not be processed further.
- Please upload two copies; one copy with the author/s' details and the second without the author/s' details (blind manuscript for review)
- There is no article submission and publication fee due to the COVID pandemic issue to keep the researchers facilitated
All manuscripts will be gone through a rigorous review process; initially by the editorial team and if the manuscript is found according to the aim and scope of the journal and fulfills all requirements then will be sent to two external reviewers. This process may take 4 to 6 weeks.
Ethical Guidelines for Authors:
- Only one submission at a time:
Authors must ensure that they have submitted their manuscript for review to only one journal at a time, not to multiple journals. Similarly, an already published paper must not be submitted for consideration.
- Submit a cover letter:
Authors must submit a covering letter that offers clarity regarding the significant contribution of the research in an impartial manner and clearly state if there is any conflict of interest.
- Declaration of a funding agency:
Additionally, authors must mention if their paper has been supported by any funding agency in the covering letter.
- Provision of raw data:
In the case of quantitative research, authors must offer an honest interpretation of their data. The editors, publishers, and reviewers can request for the raw data for verification and retain it for future reference. Additionally, we also encourage that, in the case of quantitative data such as questionnaires, authors place metadata in an open access public domain, such as Google Drive or cloud, for ready access by editors, publishers, reviewers, and the public at large.
If you are interested in submitting a manuscript, please submit your manuscript online journal portal see the website https://irlsjournal.com/ojs/index.php/irls/index